Snow Valley Opens Thursday, November 15 at 5:00 pm
After months of preparation, hiring new staff, and cleaning up after Ski Swap: We Are Ready! Snow making is on going and if all goes well, first chair will be up for grabs.
Opening Day is the best day and begins another season sliding on snow. Be sure to check out our new website – if you haven’t already – and see all the changes.
- Snow Valley’s Snow School has rearranged weekday lesson programs to be a longer lesson and a shorter duration (3 sessions of an hour and a half each). Most weekend lessons remain at 5 weeks with one hour lessons each.
- If you haven’t purchased your season pass yet, you may still do it on line including an electronic waiver. We brought over the system from the Aerial Park and so far it’s working very well. It also shortens the time for picking up your pass!
- While we did raise the price of our 630 Shred to $15.00 (Monday to Thursday, a lift ticket for the last two hours before closing), Food Bank Friday remains at $10 per person with a donation to the Edmonton Food Bank. It’s all thanks to Servus Credit Union who want to ensure the community continues to support the Food Bank and access to skiing and snowboarding in the City.
- Watch for our instructors in blazing orange jackets. The old red coats were a little tired though we were able to find a new home for them at a rural ski hill area.
- A new competition for Snow Valley is the Triple Down Terrain Park Series in conjunction with Rabbit Hill Ski Resort and Sunridge Ski Area beginning on January 19th at Rabbit Hill.
- Easy Rider is back with the Easy Rider Banks. A series of transitional elements in the terrain park and throughout Snow Valley. It’s not only fun to ride, they’re great for teaching.
- Sundance Ski Shop powers the Masters Ski Club along with our Discover Program and multi week lesson programs.
- Arrkann RV & Trailer spearheads our Community Initiative Program, as well as Rainbow Valley Campground.
- Winterfest will kick off the seasonal events followed by our Holiday Celebration, Santa on the Hill and Pump Up the Jam in the new year.