For detailed information and pricing please contact us at email@example.com or call 780-809-2373 during the day, Monday to Friday.
Print our School Brochure from HERE
Snow Valley is a not-for-profit organization operating since 1948. We are located just off Whitemud Drive on 119 Street, at the south end of Whitemud Park.
For over 65 years we have been committed to promoting wellness through fun, friendly, safe year round family recreation and sport for the Edmonton Community. Last season Snow Valley’s Training Center helped over 20,000 students DISCOVER the fun and excitement of skiing and snowboarding. Through our excellent School Programs we are proud to offer your students:
- Lessons to Accommodate all Ages and Abilities
- CSIA & CASI Certified Instructors
- Full Ski & Snowboard Equipment Rentals
- A Convenient Location inside Edmonton
- Beginner to Expert Terrain
- Four Lifts (1 Quad Chair, 1 Triple Chair, 2 Conveyors)
- Excellent Snow Conditions all season from our Advanced Snowmaking System and Daily Grooming
- One Complimentary Lift Ticket for one Teacher or Adult Supervisor per 10 students
- Full Food & Beverage Concession
- Pre-ordered Lunch Program
- Qualified, Friendly and Helpful Staff!
Snow Valley wants to ensure that your time here will be both fun and safe. Our first priority is to provide a positive learning experience for your sutdents which will help them to achieve their potential in one of our snow sports. Snow Valley incorporates the ABCD's of the Physical education curriculum into our lessons. Read all about it here... (then come back!)
"Bring Back School Ski Trips" Video Link (5:15)
Snow Valley’s Hot Lunch BUFFET offers a fast and healthy way for your students to recharge before heading back onto the slopes. The buffet will be set up separate from the concession area to allow for improved access and less wait time. Students participating in the program will be provided with a meal ticket and will have access to the buffet from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Snow Valley must receive number of Hot Lunch Buffet participants no less than one week prior to your booking.
- Cheese Pizza
- Chicken Nuggets
- Meatballs (all Beef) with a choice of Sauce
- Veggie Wraps
- Macaroni & Cheddar Cheese
- Veggie Sticks with Ranch Dip
- Fruit Salad
- Juice Box or Milk
Cost per student: $10.00
Ask about our Supper Buffet options, too!
Snow Valley Team Members will meet you at the bus to assist you with all aspects of your day. If you require assistance, look for a team member and follow the directions provided:
- Please remain on the bus until a Snow Valley representative provides you with further instructions. Please have a total count of students, including those with their own equipment and those with Snow Valley season passes prepared.
- Students will then take their bags and personal items into the lodge, leaving them on the second floor. The Snow Valley team will group students by sport background and then proceed to the Rental Shop for helmets and equipment.
- All teachers and volunteers are asked to stay downstairs in the lodge to get instructions to assist in the Rental Shop.
- Snow Valley Staff will send groups of students downstairs to be fitted with helmets and to proceed to the boot room.
- At the Boot Room, students will be asked to remove their shoes in exchange for a pair of ski or snowboard boots.
- Next, students will proceed to the ski and snowboard line to be fitted with the proper equipment.
- After exiting the rental shop, students will be directed to their lesson programs with one of our nationally certified instructors.
- Teachers, parents and volunteers receive lift passes and rentals after all students from all schools are through the rental shop.
- Schools will be called off the hill 30 - 40 min. prior to booked departure time for equipment returns and to load the bus.
You are responsible for the cancellation of your school group due to cold weather. You MUST contact our School group Coordinator by phone at 780-809-2373 by 4:00 pm the day before your scheduled excursion. We will make every effort to reschedule your day.
WHAT TO WEAR
When preparing for a school trip to Snow Valley it is advised that students dress in layers. There are 3 layers to consider:
- Base Layer - A base layer is an insulating layer worn next to your skin. Base layers help regulate your body temperature by moving perspiration away from your skin. This layer should fit snugly and retain some insulating properties.
- Mid Layer - The purpose of the mid-layer is to capture warmth through trapped air. Typically a mid-layer is a fleece or a thick wool layer.
- Insulation Layer - An insulated and waterproof ski jacket and pants provide warmth and allow students to stay dry.
- Knee High Ski Socks, plus a spare.
- Gloves or Mittens (Two pairs, in case one gets wet).
- Accessories: Hand / Foot Warmers, Lip Balm & Sunscreen.
Tip: If you dress in layers, you can always remove a layer is you get hot. It’s harder to add layers after the fact, especially when you’re cold.